Praca: Network Engineer (Load Balancing Eng)
Apex Systems provides organizations with scalable IT staffing and services solutions to address critical gaps in their current workforce and augment workforce management strategies. Complementing our staffing solutions with deliverable-based services enables us to also help organizations drive better business performance.
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies in all major industries, including financial services, business services, consumer industrials, technology, healthcare, government services, and communications. With over 65 locations throughout North America and a candidate pipeline of more than 5 million, we are equipped to serve our clients wherever needed.
Apex combines with parent company On Assignment to be the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in the US In addition, Apex earned Inaveros Best of Staffing® Client Diamond Award and Best of Staffing Talent Award for providing superior service to their clients and job seekers.
Contract Length : 12 months
Location: Fully remote in Poland
What youll achieve
We are looking for an individual to serve as a load balancing engineer. A large portion of our environment resides on F5 and AVI Networking Load Balancers. This candidate must understand all layers of the OSI model and be able to diagnose complex issues related to network and application problems. Must be able to understand large enterprise network environments and be able to provide solutions that support applications of all types (TCP, HTTP, UDP, FTP, etc.) to work on full proxy load balancers.
Being that this position is also a network engineering role, part of this individual’s responsibility will be to offer advice, direction, and support to other associates on the team. Must be able to articulate customer requirements and explain them to management and other team members.
- Meets with application teams to design complex (layer 3-7 network) load balancing solutions
- Partners with other network and engineering teams to solution load balancing infrastructure for cloud and data center environments, using automation where possible.
- Provides L3 operational support for production F5 Network infrastructure: Local Traffic Manager (LTM or Full Proxy Load Balancing), Global Traffic Manager (GTM or GSLB) and Access Policy Manager (APM).
Take the first step towards your dream career
- Bachelors degree with 8+ years relevant experience; or Masters degree with 6+ years relevant experience; or equivalent work experience
- F5 Administrator experience and / or F5-CA Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), preferably Routing and Switching
- Understanding of Domain Name System (DNS) & Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP); experience with BlueCat and / or Infoblox a plus
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring tools along the lines of TCP decode, Sniffer TCP, Wireshark, HTTP Watch, Fiddler
Knowledge and Experience with AWX / Ansible Tower, Terraform, Chef, or Puppet for orchestration.
Knowledge and Experience with Gitlab, Jenkins, and other for CI / CD pipelines.