Praca: Material Planner / Buyer
Wooodward Poland Sp. z o. o.
ul. Skarbowa 32
Woodwardis a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodwardtechnology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact. In our facility in Niepołomice we are designing, manufacturing and testing electronic controllers for aerospace and various industries, converters for wind-energy and mechanical components for aerospace and energy industry.
Join our Purchasing Team as a Material Planner/Buyer.
Nr Ref.: 2103337
- Plans, schedules, releases and manages purchase, interplant orders and work orders as required
- Formulates Requests for Proposals / Request for Quotes based on Center of Excellence Requirements - ensuring flowdown of contractual requirements
- Sources selection and award of direct or indirect material purchase orders for assigned products
- Performs cost/price analysis for competitive and non-competitive procurements
- Develops and executes strategies for negotiation of purchase order terms: price, delivery, expedites, terminations, etc.
- Conducts post award supplier management with a strong focus on internal customer support
- Works with internal and external suppliers to resolve material issues (shortages, emergency customer demands, etc.)
- Develops and maintains communication channels between various departments to maintain the flow of materials to support the customer
- Reviews, communicates and acts upon anticipated delays
- Reviews anticipated shortage reports for future demands
- Reviews, analyzes, and makes changes to supply based on the outcome of monthly sales and operations meeting
- Actively look for improvements in the planning/ scheduling process in addition to maintaining and analyzing planning parameters (i.e. Lead times, lot sizes order quantities, safety stock)
- Reviews, analyzes and implements replenishment targets to support "pull" system
- Participates in capacity review meetings with internal and external suppliers
- Actively work on reducing inventory/ lead times, support production improvements, and efficiencies
- Participate in various groups as required and works with IT groups to test changes and updates in MRP system
- Supports difficult customer situations, ability to resolve complex supplier situations.
- Solicit feedback from all areas of the organization to improve service, efficiency and continuity of supply
- Coordinates all aspects of the supply chain escalation
- University degree (preferred in technical field)
- 2 years of work experience in material planning (purchasing) in manufacturing environment with high mix low volume material structure
- Solid knowledge of lot sizing, material planning and production scheduling
- Solid knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, capable of handling multiple projects concurrently and possess a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Solid detail orientation and high organizational skills.
- Ability to set up internal and external replenishment programs with production and suppliers
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Teamwork abilities
- Analytical skills
- Fluent English skills, additional German skills will be an advantage
- Proficient at MS Office (MS Excel)
- Stable employment within a growing and dynamic team
- Advancement opportunities in international team
- Competitive base pay
- A total rewards package, that includes: private health insurance, life & accidental insurance, foreign languages courses, Multisport package
- Company performance bonus program
- Work-life balance, semi-flexible working time
- Employee – friendly renumeration structrure based on creative works (available for selected positions)
- PPK: Woodward offers payment to your PPK account up to 4% of your compensation depending on seniority
- Remote work up to 2 days per week
- Relocation support