Praca: IT Project Engineer
At Amazon, we strive to be earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
Amazon has immediate openings as IT Project Engineer in our Fulfillment Centres located in: Sosnowiec, Gliwice, Gorzyczki, Pabianice, Lodz, Poznan, Swiebodzin, Szczecin, Bielany Wroclawskie, Okmiany.
As an IT Project Engineer, you will use your technical knowledge and specialized project management skills to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control projects for OpsTech IT infrastructure, data facilities and technical solutions. You are able to manage multiple large projects with minimal guidance that affect multiple locations in CEE region. You are required to have strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across the region and engage stakeholders to deliver results as a project leader with the support of OpsTech IT Leadership and staff resources. You will organize and support project intake, prioritization, and resource capacity planning in support of multiple Regional IT Managers. You will actively expand your scope of knowledge by learning about new technologies and project management methodologies to support the organization.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
- Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, hardware procurement, resource allocation, and project execution coordinating remote work closely with OpsTech IT teams.
- Be the first point of escalation for projects assigned. Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans and path to green throughout the project.
- Report and inform stakeholders of status updates, risks and issues.
- Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths while maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestone, task and project health data for all your projects.
- Update or develop documentation on processes critical to successfully implementing your projects.
- Identify opportunities to streamline project deliverables, share best practices with your peers and leaders and implement continuous improvement actions on a regular basis
- Lead adoption of project management tools and processes. Evangelize project management practices throughout the region and follow the standard methodology to develop scope documents, project management plans, communication plans, project schedules, change management and risk and issue log.
- Participate in hiring, training and development of others.
For this position we expect:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 4+ years of experience and education in IT Project support in a multi-user high availability environment, project management or related management functions
- 4+ years of experience and education with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
- Understanding of large, complex and globally distributed IT systems
- Experience with Project Management Applications and tools
- Native language and fluent English
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Exceptional organizational, planning and prioritization skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies
- Experience with procurement of IT equipment Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed environment
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage high priority projects Ability to travel up to 40%
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.